Taking steps to make your home more secure is never a bad idea. Not only can it provide you with some peace of mind for when go to bed at night or are away at work, but it can also make you feel more comfortable about leaving your home unoccupied for an extended period of time like when you go on vacation.
Today, homeowners have a lot of options to choose from when it comes to security technology. One such option is security window film. Fort Collins homeowners can install security window film on windows and doors to protect their property from break-ins, inclement weather, and accidents.
Below, we’ve discussed some of the different types of security window films available for homes today.
Why Install Security Window Film for your Home?
In today’s world, nothing is certain. It can be comforting to know that you have a little bit of extra protection for your home just in case the unexpected comes your way. Installing security window film for your Fort Collins home has many benefits including:
- Prevents burglars from getting into your home by breaking a window
- Protects the interior if a window or glass patio door gets broken
- Keeps broken window glass away from pets and children
- Makes your windows more resistant to hail, high speed winds, and impact
- Serves as a budget-friendly alternative to tempered glass
For more details on the benefits, check out this brochure: 3m-security-window-film-fort-collins
Understanding the Different Types of Security Window Film
Now that you know all about the benefits of investing in security window film for your home, let’s talk about options. Security window films come in all different types of grades, thicknesses, and strengths. Here’s a quick comparison of some of the most common options:
- Standard safety window film: This is the most basic option. While it may not be the strongest window film on the market, it’s suitable for using as a tempered glass alternative. Use it to strengthen glass areas located by sinks, showers, and swimming pools.
- Anti-intrusion film: Reinforced with a ultra strong attachment system, these window films can also stop intruders from getting into your home.
- Solar safety film: These films combine the benefits of energy efficient film with security window film, giving you the best of both worlds.
- Bomb blast/ballistic resistant film: You likely won’t need this option for your home, but it’s great if you own a business. Bomb blast and ballistic resistant films are the strongest on the market, providing protection from extreme levels of impact.
Protect Your Home with Security Window Film
Call Fort Collins Window Tinting today to schedule an appointment to have security window film installed for your Fort Collins home.